Is there a difference between being an author versus running a business as an author? In this interview with Joanna Penn, we discuss some of the important shifts that happen when you begin treating your writing (and/or your art) also as your business.
We also cover:
- The trade-offs that can make full-time writing possible
- The business models that writers are using these days
- The commonalities of authors making over $100,000 per year
- Understanding the profit and loss statement for your book
Joanna offers up our interview in three ways:
- A 45-minute video you can watch
- A transcript at her blog
- An audio-only version (at the top of the page)
I’m grateful to Joanna for inviting me as a guest on her series, and hope you find some useful takeaways in our discussion.