Today, Michael Hyatt is featuring a 12-minute interview with me on his blog. We talk about the following:
- How important is an author’s “platform” to their success in the publishing world?
- Do you think there is still a role for traditional publishers in the future?
- What are the best practices of really successful writers?
- What is the role of consistency in writing and publishing?
- What do writers sometimes do to sabotage their careers?
For those of you new to my site, who came here from the Michael Hyatt interview, welcome! Here are a few things you might enjoy:
- My writing advice archive: the best of my advice from There Are No Rules (my Writer’s Digest blog, which is no longer active)
- Draft Your Platform Action Plan: 5 Worksheets
- Get Started Guide: Blogging for Writers
- 3 Principles for Facebook Fan Pages
- How Much Has Book Marketing Changed Since 2005?
- The Basic Pitch Formula for Novelists