Sorry, this class has already run and the recording is only available to registrants. If you'd like to know when this class is offered again, sign up here.
The foundation of Amazon product discovery lies in its search engines and product detail pages. This class covers both web and mobile search, keyword visibility, metadata fundamentals, detail page optimization, and best practices for product descriptions and customer reviews. It will cover:
- Overview of Amazon search and "the algorithm"
- Discovery on Amazon: web vs. Amazon mobile app
- A failed book launch example, and how it was saved with better title keywords
- Detail page optimization, including clickthrough and conversion rates
- Do's and don'ts for Amazon product descriptions
- Side by side: Same product, two different conversion rates
- Amazon customer reviews and how to get legitimate reviews
- The importance of following Amazon's terms of service
The program also gives an overview of paid versus organic search results on Amazon, the impact of Google search, and why it's important to make your own website — as opposed to Amazon detail pages — the primary destination for people searching for information about your book or product.
Who should take this course:
- Self-published authors
- Independent publishers
- Sellers of ancillary products on Amazon
- Hybrid publishers
- Book marketers
How does this webinar work?
This online class uses Zoom webinar technology. You will join through your Internet-connected computer or mobile device. When you register, you will receive information via email on how to join the class.
- When: Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Time: 1–2 p.m. EST
- Fee: $35
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer or mobile device speakers. The visual presentation is displayed directly from the presenter’s computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions read and answered by the presenter for the entire class to hear.
About the instructor
Ian Lamont is the founder of i30 Media Corporation and the creator of the Lean Media framework. His media career has spanned more than 25 years across three continents, including stints in the British music industry and a Taiwanese TV newscast, and various editorial positions at IDG, a publisher for IT professionals. His book publishing career started with just a single nonfiction title in 2012. Since then, Ian has leveraged various Amazon programs to build an independent publishing business with dozens of titles and several branded ancillary product lines, including genealogy forms and technical "cheat sheets." Ian is a graduate of Boston University and MIT and lives in the Boston area.
You receive the following:
- Access to the 45-minute interactive class, with about 15 minutes for questions. Around the 45-minute mark, Ian will take questions using in-class chat/text. The class will end after roughly 60 minutes.
- A recording of the class—audio and video. This is especially helpful if you have a conflict with the class time or something comes up and you can't make the session. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for 30 days. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation.
- A rough transcript of the class. We use an automated transcription service, Otter, to provide you with a text version of the entire webinar. That means the transcript will include some punctuation errors and related transcription oddities, but still—it's handy for quickly finding important points if you don't want to rewatch the entire class. Just keep in mind the transcription will not be a letter perfect version of the session.
Sorry, but refunds are not offered unless the webinar is canceled or rescheduled. All registrants receive access to the recording even if they are unable to attend. Have questions? You can contact us here.
System Requirements to Join the Webinar
We will be using Zoom webinar technology.
- An internet connection: broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers: built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- 600kbps (down) for high-quality video and 1.2 Mbps (down) for HD video
- If you connect through audio only: 60-80kbps (down)
Supported operating systems:
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- For a full list of supported systems, click here
Supported tablet and mobile devices:
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+