At one point in my career, I was able to personally respond to every message I received. That has become much harder over time. The volume of people reaching out has surpassed my ability to keep up. If you use this contact form to make a general request, like "Tell me how to get my book published" or "How can I sell my book?" you may not receive a response. However, if your question is specific and I think I can offer meaningful or concrete guidance, I enjoy helping.
I can't help with the following:
- I do not review books of any kind.
- I do not provide referrals to agents or help with agent research. (Try Copy Write Consultants.)
- I can't recommend specific publishers. Again, try Copy Write Consultants.
- I do not read and provide editorial feedback on manuscripts. But here's my resource list.
- I do not provide hands-on marketing and publicity services. (I'm not a marketer.)
However, here's what I can do:
- I can help improve your submissions materials. See here.
- I can advise you on whatever publishing challenge you face during a consultation.
If you'd like to work with me or hire me, do make that clear in your message. Even if I can't help you, I may be able to recommend trusted services and consultants in the community.
Before pitching a guest post
Check the guest post archives to get an idea of what type of guests and guest posts I typically accept. I rarely accept guest posts from people or businesses outside of the writing and publishing community. My standards are high, and I sometimes ask for revisions. If you want help on pitching a guest post, try this advice from Copyblogger, or this advice from Problogger. Both methods are acceptable.
For the best and most personalized results, be specific with your question or request.