Those who regularly follow my blog are familiar with guest contributor Kirsten Oliphant. This week, I was a guest on her Create If Writing podcast, discussing traditional and independent publishing. Our 45-minute conversation is wide ranging and touches on:
- Should you go with indie publishing or traditional publishing?
- What writers need to have in place in terms of platform (either way you plan to publish, you need a visibility that will translate into book sales)
- How and when authors should blog, and what they should blog about
- My tips for managing different types of work throughout the week
- Current publishing trends for both traditional and self-publishing authors
Go listen to the full interview. My thanks to Kirsten for having me on the show!