Since 2010, Digital Book World has convened in New York City for two full days of programming focused on the concerns of traditional trade publishing. I’ve spoken at the event twice, and this year was invited to help program a third day for authors, in collaboration with journalist Porter Anderson.
My industry newsletter for authors, The Hot Sheet, released a special (and free) issue last week with our original reporting from the show. Here are the stories featured:
- The State of the Industry: Nielsen’s Stats Compared to Author Earnings’
- A Look inside Traditional Publishing’s Digital Marketing Efforts
- At Last, an Upbeat Trend in Young Male Reading
- On Mindset and Success: Insights from DBW Indie Author
- Strengthen Your Marketing Know-How: A Roundup of Tools and Tips
- Looking for More Recaps from Digital Book World?