Since 2010, Digital Book World has convened in New York City for two full days of programming focused on the concerns of traditional trade publishing. I’ve spoken at the event twice, and this year was invited to help program a third day for authors, in collaboration with journalist Porter Anderson.
My industry newsletter for authors, The Hot Sheet, released a special (and free) issue last week with our original reporting from the show. Here are the stories featured:
- The State of the Industry: Nielsen’s Stats Compared to Author Earnings’
- A Look inside Traditional Publishing’s Digital Marketing Efforts
- At Last, an Upbeat Trend in Young Male Reading
- On Mindset and Success: Insights from DBW Indie Author
- Strengthen Your Marketing Know-How: A Roundup of Tools and Tips
- Looking for More Recaps from Digital Book World?
Jane Friedman (@JaneFriedman) has nearly 25 years of experience in the media & publishing industry. She is the publisher of The Hot Sheet, the essential newsletter on the publishing industry for authors, and was named Publishing Commentator of the Year by Digital Book World in 2019.
In addition to being a professor with The Great Courses (How to Publish Your Book), she is the author of The Business of Being a Writer (University of Chicago Press), which received a starred review from Library Journal.
Jane speaks regularly at conferences and industry events such as Digital Book World and Frankfurt Book Fair, and has served on panels with the National Endowment for the Arts and the Creative Work Fund. Find out more.