Every author's online presence begins and ends with their website. It's a critical component for long-term marketing and publicity campaigns.
Is your site adhering to best practices for authors? Is it SEO-friendly? Is it optimized for the mobile future? If you're not sure you can answer these questions, or you've never had professional guidance on how to improve your website, I can provide strategic and tactical guidance.
To start the evaluation process, I will ask you to complete a worksheet that helps me understand the history of your site, how you manage it, and what you want it to accomplish in the future.
After you complete the worksheet, I prepare a report that points out your strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. After you've had time to read and review the report, we'll schedule an appointment to discuss your questions and concerns.
My report and critique help you:
- Improve your website based on your strategic goals
- Prioritize your time and make the best use of what you have now
- Build a plan for the next stage of your website development—when you have money to invest in hiring professional help–or how to take a DIY approach with tools you can learn or manage yourself
- Understand the influence of SEO on your online presence and what changes you need to make
- Provide insights from your Google Analytics (assuming you have analytics installed on your site)
Basic Website Critique and Consultation ($350)
You'll receive a 15-20 slide-based report on your website's strengths and weaknesses, as well as opportunities you should pursue. We'll follow up with a phone call to discuss how to improve your site and your next steps.
Blogger's Critique and Consultation ($500)
Includes everything in the basic package, but your report (25-30 slides) will include an analysis of your blogging strategy, a critique of your social media accounts, how to improve the effectiveness of your online writing, and what it will take to generate more traffic.