Amazon Ads for Beginners
A simple way to run ads in less than 30 minutes
Live on June 1, 2022, or watch recording
Authors who have never run an Amazon Ad, but want to
Closed captions by Otter; transcript provided with recording
Finishing the book is only the beginning.
Then comes the hard part: getting readers to actually see it. With hundreds of books coming out every day, most authors know the feeling of pressing publish and then seeing…absolutely nothing happen.
So how do you get people to notice your book?
There are a ton of different options.
But Amazon Ads are one of the best and fastest ways to get your book visible. This is for three reasons:
- You can start an Amazon Ad in minutes with no upfront investment or skills. That means you don’t have to hire someone to make an image or video—or even come up with a tagline to sell your book.
- Amazon Ads appear in front of avid readers already looking to purchase books—and willing to do so at full price.
- You can target your Amazon Ads to show up only for books that are relevant—whether you write fiction or nonfiction. This targeting specificity makes them useful whether you write in a large genre or a tiny sub-niche.
All this probably sounds great.
But getting started can still be daunting.
Maybe you’ve looked into Amazon Ads before. But with dozens of potential things to tweak and adjust, which ones should you ignore? And which ones really matter?
Or maybe you just didn’t want to spend a ton of money or waste a bunch of time spinning your wheels doing the wrong stuff.
Or maybe you’re simply overwhelmed by the ads you already have running…and are looking for some clarity. And a simpler approach.
(been there, too)
Amazon Ads for Beginners is designed to cut through all the noise and get you up and running fast. We’ll go over the fundamentals of the ad platform—metrics, ad types, targeting and so forth.
But this isn’t just theory. It will show you an actual simple, step-by-step approach to creating ads. So you can get your first ad (or a new ad) up and running in less than 30 minutes.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- The fundamentals of Amazon Ads: what they are, how they work, advantages + disadvantages compared to other advertising platforms
- The key metrics you need to know to understand how your ads are performing
- Ad types—and recommended ad types
- Targeting options—including Erik’s favorite to start with
Watch over Erik’s shoulder as he walks you through the ad setup process step-by-step from his actual dashboard, including:
- The easy, free way that he performs almost all keyword research…whether he’s trying to spend $5/month or $5000
- Setting up an actual ad—complete with what settings to choose and best practices to set yourself up for success
Best of all, unlike many 101 courses you can actually build on this framework as you become more comfortable with the ads. If you want to spend more money in the future and go deeper with the ads, you won’t have to throw everything out and start over. This is a real approach to running ads. You will not have to relearn everything or remake all your ads to “level up” later.
As part of this class, you’ll also receive a summary cheat sheet of metrics, ad types, targeting, and best practices.
Who should take this class
- Authors who have never run an Amazon Ad
- Authors who have tried Amazon Ads in the past, but gave up due to complexity or lack of results
- Authors who are currently running Amazon Ads but are overwhelmed by the number of ads, the time it currently takes them to manage the ads, and/or aren’t sure how to analyze the numbers and metrics
This class isn’t suited for
- Authors who don’t have at least a few hundred dollars to test and learn the ropes of advertising
- Authors already at an intermediate level or higher with Amazon Ads
Why is this class $49?
You may notice this class is more expensive than the typical one-time sessions that Jane hosts. That’s because if you follow the guidance in this class, you will save yourself both time and money. And the ultimate goal is for you to see an increase in book sales that more than pays for the class. This opportunity is for business-focused authors who are serious and committed about advertising. You should only join this class if you’re ready to invest in Amazon ads (a cost that will exceed $49).
What’s included in all of Jane’s classes
How do I attend the live class?
This class uses Zoom webinar technology (see system requirements). You will join through your Internet-connected computer or mobile device. When you register, you will receive information via email on how to join the class. If you don’t receive it within 1 hour of registering, please contact us.
- When: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Time: 1:00–2:30 p.m. Eastern / 10:00 a.m. Pacific
- Fee: $49
The webinar is broadcasted via the internet with live audio delivered through your computer or mobile device speakers. The visual presentation is displayed directly from the presenter’s computer to your computer screen. The Q&A is managed through a chat-style submission system with questions read and answered by the presenter for the entire class to hear.
Closed captions are provided during the live class. We use Zoom’s automated closed caption service (powered by Otter), which is about 80%+ accurate. We also use Otter AI to generate an unedited transcript, provided with the recording.
About the instructor
Nicholas Erik is the USA Today bestselling author of 20+ fantasy and sci-fi novels. He has run marketing campaigns for 30+ authors and currently manages over $100,000 per month in Amazon Ad spend. Through managing ads in almost every major genre (romance, thriller/mystery/crime, fantasy, science fiction), he has identified universal principles that apply across multiple genres.
Without a doubt, the best investment I’ve made as an author. As a result of taking [Nick’s] course, I’ve increased my sales by 50% this month, making it my best month so far.
Lilian Monroe, client
Nick is a great mentor: patient, understanding and generous in sharing his knowledge and experience—which is extensive, as he also runs ads for a multitude of authors across different genres.
Rylee Winters, client
Can’t say enough about how helpful Nick was. He saved me time and energy, helped me trouble shoot and plan for success.
JD Cavan, client
All students receive the following
- Access to the live class. After roughly 75 minutes, the instructor will take questions during class using in-class chat/text. The class will end after roughly 90 minutes.
- A recording of the class—audio and video. This is especially helpful if you have a conflict with the class time or something comes up and you can’t make the session. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for 30 days. You do not have to attend the live event to access the recordings.
- Presentation slides. All participants receive a copy of the slide presentation in PDF form.
- Rough transcript. We use Otter to create an automated transcript of the entire webinar, which we’ll share with you in addition to the audio and video recording.
- Cheat sheet of metrics, ad types, targeting, best practices
Event Attendance & Anti-Harassment Policy
We strive to provide an environment where all present—whether attendee, presenter, or staff—can feel supported. In order to ensure a welcoming event, here is what we expect from all who participate.
- That the presenter and the presenter’s work be treated with respect by attendees and that all attendees treat each other with respect and a generosity of spirit.
- That attendees will refrain from harassment of any sort including (but not limited to) comments or questions of a racist, homophobic, sexist/sexual, or threatening nature. This includes actions that disrupt or interfere with anyone’s ability to participate. Offenders will be disconnected from the live event.