Some of you may have heard about the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), a new organization supporting self-published authors. I’m one of the advisors, along with Mark Coker (Smashwords), Joanna Penn (Creative Penn), and Victoria Strauss (SFWA), among other well-known publishing professionals.
I discuss reasons for moving to VQR, changes in publishing and self-publishing and what it means for authors—plus I pass on a top tip (hint: it’s to do with your blog).
- Marrying business side and artistic side of writing
- The creative and artistic potential of self-publishing today
- The dangers of “irrational exuberance”
- The need for self-publishers—and all writers—to develop their entrepreneurial skills
- How the major challenge for publishing houses now is to see authors as equals.
If you don’t see the video embedded above, then click here to see on Vimeo.
If you’re interested in other interviews I’ve given (video, audio, text), click here to view the archives.